For international students seeking financial assistance, Williams offers one of the most generous and comprehensive financial aid programs in the U.S. Although Williams isn't need-blind for international applicants, nearly 60 percent of international students receive financial aid from the college, with aid awards averaging $65,000 annually. Our financial aid includes free textbooks, lab and art supplies, music lessons, storage, and one round-trip plane ticket home each year.
If you're an international applicant and expect to seek financial aid at any point during your enrollment at Williams, you must apply for aid as part of your application for admission. Students who are dual citizens of the United States and another country should complete the application requirements for U.S. citizens.
Required Application Materials
CSS Profile (use code 3965)
- If the CSS Profile fee poses a financial hardship, you may request a fee waiver.
- The CSS Profile is not a federal form and the information provided is never shared beyond Williams.
- Williams does not accept the paper College Board International Student Financial Aid Application as a replacement for the online CSS Profile.
Additional Materials—Upon Request Only
Please only submit these materials if you receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid with a request to do so.
- Parent and student 2018 or 2019 income information
- Noncustodial parent income and asset information
- Photocopy of student’s passport or citizenship documents
Additional Requirements for Canadian Citizens Only
- 2018 Federal and Provincial Income Tax Returns for the student: Provide copies of all pages and schedules and 2018 T-4 forms directly to the Office of Financial Aid by uploading here.
- 2018 Federal and Provincial Income Tax Returns for the parent: Provide copies of all pages and schedules and 2018 T-4 forms directly to the Office of Financial Aid by uploading here.
Applicants from countries currently under U.S. sanction should email the Financial Aid office to inquire about an alternate application process.
Financial Aid Application Deadlines
|Early Decision||November 20, 2019|
|Regular Decision||January 15, 2020|
|Transfer||March 15, 2020|