For international students seeking financial assistance, Williams offers one of the most generous and comprehensive financial aid programs in the U.S. Although Williams isn't need-blind for international applicants, nearly 66 percent of international students receive financial aid from the college, with aid awards averaging $66,200 annually. Our financial aid includes free textbooks, lab and art supplies, music lessons, storage, and one round-trip plane ticket home each year.
If you're an international applicant and expect to seek financial aid at any point during your enrollment at Williams, you must apply for aid as part of your application for admission. Students who are dual citizens of the United States and another country should complete the application requirements for U.S. citizens.
Required Application Materials
CSS Profile (use code 3965)
- If the CSS Profile fee poses a financial hardship, you may request a fee waiver.
- The CSS Profile is not a federal form and the information provided is never shared beyond Williams.
- Williams does not accept the paper College Board International Student Financial Aid Application as a replacement for the online CSS Profile.
Please submit the materials requested on your My Williams Account financial aid checklist via the upload link there. Note that this may not be active until a few days after the Admission application is received. Possible requirements may include:
- Parent 2022 or 2023 income information
- Noncustodial parent income and asset information
- Photocopy of student’s passport or citizenship documents
Additional Requirements for Canadian Citizens Only
- 2022 Federal and Provincial Income Tax Returns for the parent: Provide copies of all pages and schedules and 2022 T-4 forms via the upload link available your My Williams Account financial aid checklist. Note that this may not be active until a few days after the Admission application is received.
Applicants from countries currently under U.S. sanction will be emailed information about applying for aid after October 1 and within 2 weeks of the Admission application.