Throughout the academic year there will be items that need a student’s attention. In order to receive your financial aid award, be able to make payments on time, have access to available refunds, and allow your parents access to your account, the SFS office needs you to complete the following checklist in a timely fashion:
Spring Break is over and April is here. Along with rain showers mixed with the arrival of spring, here are somethings to keep in mind:
- If you haven’t already, check your TASKS TO-DO tile in your Williams Student Records Account to make sure all of your financial aid applications and documents have been submitted.
- If you receive financial aid and are planning to study away in the fall of 2023, be sure to visit SFS’s Financing Your Study Away webpage for everything you need to know about the process.
- If you are taking part in an EphPay four or Five month payment plan – remember that the final semester payment is due on April 25.
We’re here – you made it! May is the finish line for the 2022-2023 semester. Here are a few things to keep in mind – while your mind is elsewhere:
- Continuing students who applied for 2023-2034 financial aid will receive their award letter the week of May 7.
- If you and your family would like to request a secondary review of your award, take a look at the 2023-2024 Request for Review Form. Feel free to make an appointment with your SFS Advisor to discuss the process.
- Before leaving for the summer, make sure your EPHPay account is up to date and all outstanding charges have been addressed.
While June brings the senior’s undergraduate time at Williams to an end, it is a busy month for new students to begin logging in and becoming familiar with their assorted Williams Accounts:
- Seniors – make sure that your EphPay Account is paid up to date and there are no outstanding charges before graduation.
- Continuing students – Now is the time to submit your Request for Review forms if you are requesting a second review of your financial aid award for the 2023-2024 academic year. If you haven’t applied for aid for the 2023-2024 academic year, make sure you have completed any and all outstanding financial aid applications and tasks.
- New students – Early in June you will receive information regarding setting up your Williams Student Record and your EphPay accounts.
- Your Williams Student Record Account is where you will find all the information you need regarding your financial aid award, request a federal Direct Student Loan, and other services.
- While in your Student Record Account you need to go to Main Menu– Self Service – Campus Finances – Manage My Bank Accounts> Add Bank Account Details. Here you will set up your direct deposit information for your personal bank account where the college can send your Personal Expenses Grant (PEG) and any refunds you are eligible automatically.
- Your EphPay account is where you and your family will find your semester statements, make payments, and create four or five month payment plans. Make sure your parent(s)/guardian(s) sign up to become an Authorized User so that they can log into your account without your assistance whenever they need to get into it. Each authorized user will receive an email when the monthly billing statement is ready for viewing and payment.
July is full of parades, BBQs, beach days, and baseball games. It is also when the college’s fall semester bill comes out. Here are a few things that you should be focusing on at this time during your fun in the sun:
- Go into your EphPay account and sign up for your interest-free four or five month installment payment plan.
- If you are receiving an outside scholarship, please report this to the SFS office via your Williams Student Records>Student Financial Services Forms>Report Scholarships/Benefits.
- If borrowing through a Federal Direct Student loan, a Federal Parent Plus Loan, or other private lender is part of your financing plan, now is a good time to begin the process. Click here for more information regarding student and parent loans.
- All questions regarding waiving or enrolling into the Student Health Insurance plan should be referred to Student Health and Wellness Services at this time through the end of August.
The clock is ticking as we are in August – time to finish summer jobs and begin your goodbyes to friends and pets. Here are some some last minute items and deadlines that need your attention before coming to campus:
- Unless you have signed up for a payment plan, your fall bill balance is due August 15, 2023.
- If you have not signed up for a 5 month payment plan, but are interested in a 4 month payment plan, you will want to go to your EphPay account and set this up by August 15 to keep your account in good standing. If you are signed up for a payment plan, your first payment is due August 25, 2023.
- If you are interested, you should begin the process for a technology (laptop, tablet) purchases using your outside scholarships or requesting a federal student loan.
- Fall books will be available at The Williams Bookstore for purchase in late August. For students receiving financial aid, you will only purchase your books through the Williams Bookstore using your Williams ID. Non-aided students are allowed to purchase any eligible and required course books with their Williams ID at The Williams Bookstore. Your book charges and credits will be applied to your student term bill account and will be displayed on your bill.