Welcome to Intimate Violence Prevention & Response and Health Education!
The Office of Sexual Assault Prevention & Response and Health Education aims to create a safer and healthier Williams campus for all. We approach intimate violence, substance use, mental health, sexuality, sleep, and other issues from a public health perspective. Each individual has the ability shape our community into one which is more comfortable and connected by making informed choices for themselves and being an active bystander. Through prevention, response, and education, our office seeks to empower students to create a better Williams.
Our department’s mission is to create and develop programming that is:
- Developmentally appropriate across the student lifespan
- Culturally compelling and grounded in a justice and equity framework
- Contextually and experientially research and evidence informed
- Focused on the root causes of violence and looking toward systemic solutions
- In a programmatic lifecycle of design, implementation, evaluation, assessment
We offer a wide variety of services which are available to all Williams students. Explore this website to learn more about our office.
We are located in the Hopkins Hall 407 office suite. Feel free to stop by anytime!