The ’68 Center for Career Exploration awards summer internship grants in the amount of $5,000 (less taxes) to currently enrolled first-years, sophomores, juniors, and 1st-semester seniors securing unpaid or limited stipend full-time summer internships through our Alumni Sponsored Internship Program (ASIP) in the following areas: arts/entertainment, DEIA/racial justice/social justice, community service/public service/non-profit, environment/sustainability, federal/state/local government, public policy/law/economic development, international affairs/international development, education/teaching, startups/entrepreneurship/social entrepreneurship, technology, public health/mental health/medicine.
***The 2023 ASIP Application via Airtable is live as of Wednesday, 4/26!***
The 3rd ASIP Application “Rolling” Deadline, first come, first serve is Sunday, May 14th at 11:55 p.m.! You must have a confirmed full-time summer internship before you submit your ASIP Application. Please read the Eligibility Requirements for Students (below).
View the Live Spreadsheet of summer internship postings on Handshake or EphLink. Students accepting these summer internships are eligible to apply for the ASIP Grant. Please check this spreadsheet frequently. New summer internships will be added soon! In addition, if you have identified your own full-time summer internship, you can apply for the ASIP Grant. (More information below.)
***Please Note: Recruiting guidelines regarding fast-moving deadlines do not apply to summer internships eligible to apply for ASIP grants. If you are offered one of these summer internships listed on this live spreadsheet, you will have 48 hours to accept or decline this summer internship.***
First Application Deadline Date via Airtable: Sunday, February 26, 2023, 11:55 p.m.
Second Application Deadline Date via Airtable: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 11:55 p.m.
Third ASIP Application "Rolling" Deadline, First Come, First Serve ia Airtable, Sunday, May 14, 2023, 11:55 p.m.
In addition, if you have identified your own full-time summer internship, you can apply for the ASIP Grant.
All students interested in applying for summer internship funding through the Alumni Sponsored Internship Program (ASIP) must attend one of these ASIP Application Workshops (30 minutes or less). The 2023 ASIP Application Workshops have ended for the 2023 Spring Semester.
2023 ASIP Application Virtual Workshop Dates
Handshake Event Link
- First-years, sophomores, juniors and 1st semester seniors must be currently enrolled in classes during the 2023 spring semester, will enroll in the 2023 fall semester and must be in good standing with Williams College.
- Students must obtain a full-time summer internship (35-40 hours per week) for at least 8 weeks*. Students with confirmed full-time international or domestic (in the United States) summer internships will be considered. These internships can be on-location, remote or hybrid.
- First-time ASIP applicants will be given first priority in this order, 1st semester seniors, juniors, sophomores, first-years, and then students applying for the ASIP grant a second time. Students awarded an ASIP grant in one year will not be awarded an ASIP grant if they are working at the same organization in the second year.
- If students are returning to an organization after a previous summer or winter internship, they must have increased responsibilities from their previous internship or are starting a new project within the organization.
- In addition, if you have identified your own full-time summer internship, you can apply for the ASIP Grant. Your summer internship must meet the following criteria:
- The internship must be full-time 35-40 hours per week for at least 8 weeks.
- Your supervisor must develop meaningful projects/assignments with specific learning goals/objectives and deliverables for the duration of your summer internship.
- Your sponsor must provide ongoing mentorship and guidance throughout the internship.
- For employment eligibility students must have the I-9 Form on file with the Williams College Human Resources Office.
- You are not receiving payment from the organization resulting in more than $3,000 in the summer of 2023.
- All full-time summer internships must begin after end of final exams after Saturday, May 20, 2023 and must end no later than Thursday, August 31, 2023.
- You are not eligible to apply for the ASIP grant if you accept a summer internship or summer academic research with other Williams College academic departments/programs or administrative offices because they are allocated funding for their own summer internships/summer academic research.
- If you receive any funding from any other Williams College Academic Departments/Programs or Administrative Offices including grants, scholarships, stipends, weekly pay in the summer of 2023 you are not eligible to receive an ASIP grant in 2023.
- Please note: The President/ Co-Founder/Owner of the organization must not be a currently enrolled college student, and your supervisor must have worked full-time for two years. Full-time experience does not include full-time summer internships while attending college.
- Self-directed/independent research projects do not qualify as a summer internship.
- If you are traveling abroad for your summer internship, I am required to check the U. S. Department of State Travel Advisory List. If the country is classified as a Level 3 Warning-Reconsider Travel, or a Level 4 Warning-Do Not Travel, you will be required to submit a supplemental document with details concerning your safety/housing information and your travel schedule while you are located in this country. Your ASIP Application, the Employer Verification Form and your supplemental document will be submitted to our Senior Staff for review.
After students have a confirmed full-time summer internship, students will submit their applications via Airtable. To submit your application please go to this link: 2023 ASIP Application via Airtable.
- Students will include the internship supervisor's name, title, organization name, email address and phone number.
- When the application is submitted the Employer Verification Form will be automatically be sent send via email to the internship supervisor.
- The supervisor will review the student's information on the application, confirm the details, respond to some additional questions and submit the form.
- The student's application/employer verification form will be reviewed after each application deadline date.
- Student will receive notification of their ASIP Application three weeks from each ASIP Application Deadline Date.
*If your full-summer internship is less than 8 weeks, we may consider full-time summer internships 35-40 hours per week for at least 6-7 weeks. If you have questions, please contact Dawn M. Dellea, Manager of Alumni & Parent Engagement Programs, '68 Center for Career Exploration at [email protected].