Student Rights and Responsibilities
Students have the right to the following:
- Equal access to Williams College academic and extracurricular programs, support services, jobs, and facilities.
- Access to housing, dining and parking accommodations and academic adjustments that are reasonable and effective.
- Access to various auxiliary aids as determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Confidentiality regarding information pertaining to disability and diagnosis. Information you provide will only be shared with other parties with your permission unless required to do so by law.
- Information reasonably available in accessible formats.
- To be treated with respect and dignity by all OAE
Photo Credit: Nicholas Whitman, 2015
The following are responsibilities the student has:
- Meet the College’s qualifications and standards.
- Identify as an individual with a disability or disabling condition and request accommodations in a timely manner.
- Provide documentation from an appropriate professional verifying the nature of the disability, functional limitations, and the rationale for specific accommodations being recommended.
- Initiate and maintain communication with OAE staff.
- To treat OAE staff and student employees respectfully.
Photo Credit: Hanna Kaeser, 2015